FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 05/03/2018
IMID Awards 2018 Display Industry Forum to DSCC, Announces Sessions
Austin, TX -
The International Meeting on Information Display (IMID) has awarded the organization and execution of its Display Industry Forum to Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) for the 2018 conference. IMID’s exhibition will run from August 28th to the 31st in Busan, Korea. The Display Industry Forum will be held August 30th.
According to the General Chair of IMID, Sung-Tae Shin, ”IMID, is pleased to announce the co-hosting of “Display Industry Forum” with DSCC to be held at BEXCO, Busan, Korea on August 30 during IMID 2018. IMID 2018 continues a series of conferences held annually since 2001, organized by the Korean Information Display Society (KIDS), the Society for Information Display (SID), and the Korea Display Industry Association (KDIA). The IMID has become a premier conference for academic, industry, and business leaders to network, publish results, and share knowledge. The IMID 2018 will be a great opportunity for everyone attending to enrich their professional network and gain market intelligence.”
The IMID “Display Industry Forum” will explore issues facing the display industry and delve into the technologies currently impacting the near and long term outlook of the display supply chain including flexible/foldable OLEDs, quantum dot color filters, microLEDs and more.
The Display Industry Forum is divided into 5 sessions:
- Display Market Outlook - This session will examine the results and outlook for the display supply chain and determine where growth and profits are most likely. Presenters include leading market and financial analysts.
- Supply Chain Executive Session - This session will feature panel, equipment and materials suppliers and their views on a wide variety of subjects that will drive growth and higher margins. Expect to hear executive views on flexible OLEDs, foldable OLED technology, quantum dot technology, OLED TVs, ink jet printing, microLEDs, 10.5G fab costs and outlook, US LCD production, future capex and more.
- TV Market & Technology Outlook - This session will feature both industry analysts and executives from TV brands and the TV supply chain. It will cover the TV market outlook for units, revenues, adoption of larger sizes, key price points, HDR, 4K and 8K, OLEDs vs. QDs and much more.
- Smartphone Market and Technology Outlook - This session will feature presentations from smartphone brands, smartphone market analysts, panel suppliers and other companies in the smartphone supply chain. It will cover the outlook for smartphones, 5G, 18x9 displays, OLED vs. LCD penetration, rigid vs. curved vs. foldable and more.
- Technologies Enabling Next Generation Displays – Foldable, QD CFs, QLEDs, microLEDs and more. - This session will feature presentations from companies developing technologies enabling tomorrow’s displays. It will cover executives from materials suppliers, equipment suppliers and more. It will also pay attention to companies solving manufacturing challenges with microLEDs. A panel session will also be included.
More information on the agenda, speaking opportunities and sponsorship will soon be available on the DSCC web site at http://www.displaysupplychain.com/events.html.
Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) was formed by experienced display market analysts from throughout the display supply chain and delivers valuable insights through consulting, syndicated reports and events. The company has offices in the US, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and the UK. DSCC is on the web at www.displaysupplychain.com and can be reached in the US at firstname.lastname@example.org.