Yoshio TamuraCo-Founder and President of Asian Operations | DSCC
COVID-19 impact on Large Area Display Supply Demand
- Global GDP Forecast by Region
- World Wide Larger Area LCD and OLED Demand Forecast Updates in 2020
- TV demand forecast by region: TV demand is better than expected in 2020
- WW Monitor, Notebook and Tablet PC demand forecasts: IT demand is also much better than expectations in 2020. WW Large Area LCD and OLED Demand Scenarios in 2021 and the Forecast
- Large Area LCD and OLED Supply vs. Demand in 2020/2021 and the Forecast
- Large area LCD will be tight in 2021 due to Korean fab downsizing?
- Large area LCD industry integration
- OLED TV supply and demand scenario toward the future
Yoshio Tamura is Co-Founder and President of Asian Operations at DSCC, based in Tokyo, Japan. He is a 26-year veteran of liquid crystal display (LCD) market research and consulting and is one of the foremost authorities on the LCD market and its supply chain. He started covering this market in 1990 at Techno Systems Research (TSR) where he launched their LCD market research business and grew it rapidly.
After 10 years at TSR, he joined DisplaySearch in 2000 as Senior Vice President and Founder of DisplaySearch Asia where he played a critical role in launching a large number of highly popular LCD-related reports. Mr. Tamura developed or co-developed the company’s core reports on large-area LCD shipments and forecasts by application as well as reports on fab utilization, pricing, costs, cost models, margin models, glass substrates, color filters, backlights and driver ICs. Most of those reports are still in existence today.
After The NPD Group acquired DisplaySearch in 2005, Mr. Tamura acquired the title of SVP and Fellow to recognize the critical role he played in developing report methodologies. After IHS acquired DisplaySearch in 2014, he became a Senior Director and Advisor within the Display Technology Group.
Mr. Tamura joined DSCC to co-develop a growing number of reports on OLEDs and other advanced display-related technologies. His vast experience contributes to DSCC consulting and event services, and he is a frequent speaker at display industry functions and conferences. Mr. Tamura is a graduate of Chuo University where he majored in international economics.