SID/ DSCC Immersive Experience Market Focus Conference 2018 Event Proceedings
The Immersive Experience Market Focus Conference is designed to give delegates a glimpse at some of the amazing developments that are dynamically involving users within the visual experience, not just as observers of a static screen. While the market is booming – to full many broadly different needs – there are still many challenges. The conference is split into five sessions:
- Market Status: An examination of the size and scope of each major category, including how the revenue breaks down in terms of displays, software, and other hardware.
- Goggles and Glasses: This session explores the delivery mechanisms available to Immersion from goggles similar to what is on the existing market such as the Vive and PlayStation VR and the Rift, followed by the use of glasses which have been pioneered by Google and are now being adopted by Facebook, Magic Leap, Meta and DAQRI.
- Direct View Displays: The future of immersive display technologies is not all about near-to-eye solutions. So much is being developed to engage people with immersive experiences related to diverse approaches, such as projection mapping, CAVEs, and not to forget – enhanced stereoscopic and autostereoscopic 3D advancements.
- Virtual Displays: Immersion requires a new set of requirements that is a superset of today’s resolution, response time, CR, luminance, etc. These new demands include wider FOV, solution to the merging/accommodation conflict, shadow and light sources to simultaneously display virtual and real images. New display structures are being proposed that include Light Engines and Holography, singularly and in combination.
- Next-Generation Magic: The final session will explore how immersive experiences will be presented. Entertainment companies already have existing programs to reach the public through new types of theatres and new types of content. A number of start-ups are trying to bring new experiences to the general public and to use the technology to change the way we educate people.
Session 1: Market Status
- Barry Young, CEO and President, OLED Association
- Pete Ludé, CTO, Mission Rock Digital
Session 2: Goggles and Glasses
- Adrian Travis, Fellow Emeritus, Cambridge University
- Dave Chavez, CTO, zSpace
- Keynote Address #1: Kari Pulli, CTO, Meta
Session 3: Direct View Displays
- Maarten Tobias, CEO, Dimenco
- Joel Polizzi, Visualization Engineer, University of California San Diego
- Special Address: Lenny Lipton, Inventor, Leonardo IP
Session 4: Virtual Displays
- Ruediger Sprengard, Vice President of Augmented Reality, SCHOTT Advanced Optics
- Edward Tang, Co-Founder & CEO, Avegant
Session 5: Next Generation Magic
- Featured Speaker: Andrew Cochrane, VR/AR/Interactive Content, Freelance Creator
- Demian Lichtenstein, Founder & CEO, Futurism Entertainment
- Paul Dietz, CTO & Chairman of the Board, Misapplied Sciences
For a multiple report purchase discount, please contact Dustin@DisplaySupplyChain.com.