FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 05/02/2022
The 2022 SID/DSCC Business Conference Will Focus on Emerging Display Technologies Enabling Innovations in Smartphone, IT and TV Markets
Austin, TX -
The 2022 SID/DSCC Business Conference at DisplayWeek, sponsored by Applied Materials, Corning, GE and Amorphyx, will feature over 40 different talks on all aspects of the display industry. One of the highlights will be the focus on emerging technologies, which have the potential to disrupt various display markets and technologies. There are 10 different talks on these topics segmented into two sessions:
- Emerging Technologies Enabling Mobile Advances
- Emerging Technologies Enabling TV and IT Advances
In the session focused on mobile displays, there will be three speakers from Amorphyx, SCHOTT and Counterpoint. Their bios and abstracts can be found on our website:
- Amorphyx CEO John Brewer will present the latest updates and results of the IGZO version of their patented Amorphous Metal Thin Film Transistor (AMeTFT) technology which offers significant improvements in mobility and display performance at a much lower capex. He will also cover the latest results of their Amorphous Metal Nonlinear Resistor (AMNR) technology, developed in collaboration with BOE, in reducing refresh rates and power consumption in mobile devices. Amorphyx’s technology leverages FinFET CMOS technology which delivers an attractive roadmap which they claim offers LTPS TFT mobility with IGZO TFT operating stress stability and silicon TFT manufacturability using in-production thin film deposition techniques. Importantly, this technology can address the smartphone market, the largest display market, and can also be scaled to larger sizes.
- Dr. Fang He, Head of Product Management and Application at SCHOTT for UTG Cover Glass, will discuss their latest efforts in commercializing ultra thin glass (UTG) for foldable smartphones. We also expect to hear about their latest development efforts to bring UTG to rollables and other larger display applications.
- Jeff Fieldhack, Research Director at Counterpoint, will discuss the latest results and outlook in the smartphone market including regional insights, foldable progress and more.
In the session focused on emerging technologies in TV and IT displays, the following speakers will present whose bios and abstracts can also be found on our website:
- DSCC Asia President Yoshio Tamura will discuss the outlook for advanced IT and TV display costs including LCD, MiniLED LCD, RGB OLED, IJP RGB OLED, QD-OLED and WOLED in tablets, notebooks, monitors and TVs. He will also examine the impact of different backplane technologies such as a-Si vs. LTPS vs. LTPO vs. oxide, different substrate sizes, tandem vs. single OLED stacks and more.
- Dr. James Murphy, LED Phosphor Program Manager and Principal Research Scientist at GE Global Research, and Dr. Rachel Cassidy, VP of Patent Licensing at GE Licensing, will discuss the success of their wide color gamut, narrow band phosphor licensing program, their latest developments and possible future solutions to boost LCD color performance.
- Corning’s Han Yim, Business Director for High Performance Displays and Display Innovations, will discuss how Corning is helping to elevate display advancements in MiniLEDs, QD-OLEDs and MicroLEDs, their latest glass progress and why Corning is optimistic for the future of the display industry.
- Chuck Milligan, CEO of FlexEnable, will discuss their latest progress in commercializing OTFT materials as well as their latest technical developments and market opportunities.
- Chris Chinnock, Executive Director of the 8K Association, will discuss the outlook for 8K TVs, 8K cameras and 8K content.
- Jax Lee, CEO of Nanolumi, will discuss why and how Perovskite materials offer high potential to penetrate a number of different display solutions including direct lit with lens LCDs, MiniLED POBs and COBs, edge lit LCDs and color conversion for OLEDs and MicroLEDs.
These emerging sessions are just two of the 10 sessions taking place during the 2022 SID/DSCC Business Conference at Display Week. Display Week 2022 will take place from May 9th to May 13th and will be on-site at the San Jose Convention Center. The SID/DSCC Business Conference will kick-off Display Week with both on-site and virtual attendance options. The event will include a day’s worth of content live, streamed and recorded on May 9th as well as a second day’s worth of virtual talks available on demand after the event. Register at https://www.displayweek.org/20... before prices increase the week of the show.
About Display Week 2022
The 59th International Display Week Symposium and Seminar, presented by the Society for Information Display (SID), will be held in San Jose, California, May 8-13, 2022. Display Week is the world's leading event focused on emerging electronic display and visual information technologies from concept to market. Display Week attracts attendees from the entire ecosystem of R&D, engineering, design, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, sales and financial, as well as commercial and consumer end-user markets. It delivers unparalleled learning opportunities, market-moving trends, sourcing, roadmaps-to-market, and connections for career and business growth. For more information on Display Week 2022, visit www.displayweek.org or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter @DisplayWeek (hashtag #DisplayWeek2022), or the Display Week YouTube Channel.
The Society for Information Display (SID) will celebrate its 60th anniversary in 2022. SID is the only professional organization focused on the electronic display and visual information technology industries. In fact, by exclusively focusing on the advancement of electronic display and visual information technologies, SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry's best new products. The organization's members are professionals in the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing and sales. To promote industry and academic technology development, while also educating consumers on the importance of displays, SID hosts more than 10 conferences a year, including Display Week, which brings industry and academia all under one roof to showcase technology that will shape the future. SID's global headquarters are located at 1475 S. Bascom Ave., Ste. 114, Campbell, CA 95008. For more information, visit www.sid.org.
DSCC, a Counterpoint Research Company, is the leader in advanced display market research with offices across all the key manufacturing centers and markets of East Asia as well as the US and UK. It was formed by experienced display market analysts from across the display supply chain and delivers valuable insights, data and supply chain analyses on the display industry through consulting, syndicated reports and events. Its accurate and timely analyses help businesses navigate the complexities of the display supply chain.