Biannual Smartphone Display Cost Report
Due to the growing penetration of OLEDs into smartphones, DSCC has developed a cost model that compares and forecasts LTPS and OLED smartphone display costs. The cost model also examines all of the different form factors currently or coming into the smartphone market. Panel covered include - Rigid 5.5"/6.0" 16:9, 6.0"/6.4" 18-19.5:9, Flexible 5.5" 16:9, 5.8"/6.0"/6.2"/6.5" 18-19.5:9 . More displays will be added as these categories continue to emerge. Includes detailed BOM results and forecasts, panel prices and panel margins.
File FormatExcel (Market Data) + PDF (Analysis of Data)
PublishedLatest Version - October 2023
Due to the growing penetration of OLEDs into smartphones, DSCC has developed a cost model that compares and forecasts OLED smartphone display costs. The cost model also examines all of the different form factors currently or coming into the smartphone market.
- Analysis of OLED smartphone panel cost by region.
- Analysis of OLED smartphone panel cost by size and resolution.
- Comparison of OLED smartphone panel cost by Fab generation - G6 vs G5.5
- Costs provided on a line item basis.
- Forecasted by substrate size on a rolling 16-quarter basis.
- Flexible, foldable and rollable form factors included as they emerge.
- Touchscreen and cover glass costs also provided.
- Panel prices and margins also provided and forecasted.
Panels covered include the most common smartphone sizes in the ranges:
- Rigid panels from 5.5" to 7.21"
- Flexible panels from 4.58" to 6.85"
- Foldable 6.7" to 8.03"
As more display sizes and form factors emerge such as foldable and rollable, they will be included as well
Additional optional OLED NB and Tablet Panel Report includes the following sizes:
- Rigid Tablet Panels - 9.7"/10.5"/12.9
- Rigid NB Panels sized - 13.3"/15.6" QHD/UHD
- Rollable and foldable displays added as they emerge
Table of Contents
Executive Summary p. 4
What Has Changed This Quarter p. 6
Methodology p. 7
Cost Analysis by Product p.13
- Rigid Smartphone Panels Q4 2024, 2024, 2026
- Samsung Galaxy S22/S23/S24 Series
- Samsung Galaxy Flexible Panels
- iPhone 2023/2024 Models
- Samsung Foldable Panels
- Oppo & Xiaomi Foldables
Cost Evolution on Current Products - Korea vs. China p. 26
Cost Impact of New Features & Technologies p. 36
- Rigid OLED with TFE
- FHD+ vs. QHD+
- Add-on Touch vs. Y-OCTA
- LTPS vs. LTPO and Frame Rate
- Cover Window: CPI vs. UTG
- CoE: Color Filter on Encapsulation
- Foldable Manufacturing Cost Comparisons
Would you like to know more about this report?Contact Us