Quarterly Smartphone Display Cost Report
Due to the growing penetration of OLEDs into smartphones, DSCC has developed a cost model that compares and forecasts LTPS and OLED smartphone display costs. The cost model also examines all of the different form factors currently or coming into the smartphone market. Panel covered include - Rigid 5.5"/6.0" 16:9, 6.0"/6.4" 18-19.5:9, Flexible 5.5" 16:9, 5.8"/6.0"/6.2"/6.5" 18-19.5:9 . More displays will be added as these categories continue to emerge. Includes detailed BOM results and forecasts, panel prices and panel margins.
File FormatExcel Pivot Files and PDF Report
Due to the growing penetration of OLEDs into smartphones, DSCC has developed a cost model that compares and forecasts OLED smartphone display costs. The cost model also examines all of the different form factors currently or coming into the smartphone market.
Reporting on notebook and tablet panel markets are also available for an additional fee.
- Analysis of OLED smartphone panel cost by region.
- Analysis of OLED smartphone panel cost by size and resolution.
- Comparison of OLED smartphone panel cost by Fab generation - G6 vs G5.5
- Costs provided on a line item basis.
- Forecasted by substrate size on a rolling 16-quarter basis.
- Flexible, foldable and rollable form factors included as they emerge.
- Touchscreen and cover glass costs also provided.
- Panel prices and margins also provided and forecasted.
Panels covered include the most common smartphone sizes in the ranges:
- Rigid panels from 5.5" to 7.21"
- Flexible panels from 4.58" to 6.85"
- Foldable 7.3"
As more display sizes and form factors emerge such as foldable and rollable, they will be included as well
Additional optional OLED NB and Tablet Panel Report includes the following sizes:
- Rigid Tablet Panels - 9.7"/10.5"/12.9
- Rigid NB Panels sized - 13.3"/15.6" QHD/UHD
- Rollable and foldable displays added as they emerge.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Cost Analysis by Product
- Korea Smartphones Q2’19, Q3’19
- Korea Smartphones 2019, 2020, 2023
- China Smartphones 2019, 2020, 2023
- Rigid OLED vs. LTPS LCD
- Cost Comparisons Korea vs. China
- Rigid – 2019, 2020, 2023
- Flexible – 2019, 2020, 2023
- Cost Evolution on Current Products
- Mainstream 5.5”, 6.0”
- Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+
- iPhone XS, XS Max
Would you like to know more about this report?Contact Sales