FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 05/05/2020
Austin, TX -
Quantum Dot based panel shipments are forecast to grow from 3M shipments in 2018 to 31M shipments by 2025 representing a compounded annual growth rate of 40%, according to DSCC’s new Annual Quantum Dot Display Technology and Market Outlook Report, introduced this week and now available to subscribers. This first of its kind report provides both technical and market information about various QD architectures for use in display including QDEF, QDOG, QD OLED, QNED and EL QDs.
According to DSCC’s Director of Display Research Sid Mohan, “The Quantum Dot Display Market is going through an expansion phase with QLED TVs rapidly progressing toward becoming a mid-tier product. With a steady increase in QLED adoption in Monitors, Notebooks and Tablets along with the arrival of Samsung’s new QD OLED display in the 2H of 2021, the market for Quantum Dot displays continues to flourish.”
The Annual Quantum Dot Display Technology and Market Outlook Report includes the following deliverables:
- Introduces different types of Quantum dots (QDs) that are useful for display applications: - CdSe, InP, ZnSe, ZnTeSe and Halide Perovskites.
- Discusses the European Union's Regulatory of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) imperative and implications.
- Examines why QDs are useful in displays applications and shows different architectures. Architectures covered in this report include: Quantum Dot Enhancement Film (QDEF), Quantum Dot on Glass (QDOG), Quantum Dot Color Conversion (QDCC) and EL-QD.
- Provides in depth examination of QDEF:
- What are the advantages and limitations? Nanosys’s low Cd “Hyperion” QDEF for RoHS Compliance
- QDEF Cost Breakdown & Forecast, Commercial Products with QDEF Technology – Examples
- QDEF Supply Chain: Top Players and Samsung’s Supply Chain
- What’s next in QDEF? Hybrid QDEF – Phosphor: Architecture, Perovskite Green Reliability
- Briefly discusses QDOG architecture: Advantages, Disadvantages and Current Status
- Provides in depth examination of QDCC:
- QDCC Structure and Advantages
- Key Optical Properties: Blue absorption, External Quantum Efficiency, Wide Color Gamut.
- QDCC by Photolithography and Ink Jet Printing: Advantages and Challenges
- QD Ink Design Considerations for QDCC by IJP
- Examines different QDCC implementation in displays:
- QD-LCD: Structure and Challenges
- QD OLED: QD OLED Advantages, Challenges and Unknowns
- Samsung’s Investment Plan, Capacity & QD OLED Structure Breakdown
- QD OLED Advantages, Challenges and Unknowns
- QD Material usage example for QD OLED, Frontplane and Backplane Sample Process Flow
- QD OLED Demos, Samsung’s QD OLED Material Supply Chain
- Cost Estimation of QDCC Frontplane, Potential Cost Reduction Strategy for QD OLED TVs
- QNED: QDCC with NanoLED: Structure, Advantages, Fabrication Methodology, Timeline
- QD MicroLED: Structure, Current Status
- Examines EL-QDs:
- Structure, Advantages, EQE and LT Challenges,
- EL-QD Latest Device Performance, LT Comparison to OLEDs
- Hybrid EL-QD, EL-QD Demos, Key Players, Cost and Timeline for Mass Production
- Briefly examines Display Cost Structure: LCD Vs QDEF, LCD Vs QDOG, QD OLED Vs WOLED, WOLED Vs QDEF.
- A very detailed shipment and forecast is provided for QDEF and QD OLED. The following data is provided:
- QDEF TV by units by size by panel area from 2018-2025, QDEF TV by brand from 2018-2020.
- QD OLED TV by units by size by panel area from 2018-2025.
- QDEF Monitor, Notebook and Tablet by units by panel area from 2018 -2025.
- Hybrid QDEF-Phosphor TV, Monitor, Notebook and Tablet by units by panel area from 2018-2025.
- A very detailed QDEF Film Revenue and QD Material Revenue Forecast is provided for all QDEF and QD OLED displays. The following data is provided:
- QDEF Film and Hybrid QDEF Revenue by panel area by product application from 2020-2025.
- QDEF and Hybrid QDEF QD Material Revenue by panel area by product application from 2020-2025.
- QD OLED-QD Material Revenue from 2020-2025.
- Supplier Profiles: Profiles of companies encompass QD IP and material suppliers, Barrier suppliers and QD film suppliers. Companies profiled include:
- Dai Nippon Printing
- Hansol Chemical
- Hitachi Chemicals
- i-Component Co.
- Kangde Xin Composite Material Group
- Kolon Industries Inc.
- Najing Technology
- Nanoco Group
- Ningbo Jizhi Exciton Technology
- Quantum Material Corporation
- Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology
- Wah Hong Industrial Corp.
Readers interested in subscribing to the DSCC’s Annual Quantum Dot Display Technology and Market Outlook Report should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) was formed by experienced display market analysts from throughout the display supply chain and delivers valuable insights through consulting, syndicated reports and events. The company has offices in the US, Europe, Japan, Korea and China.
DSCC is on the web at www.displaysupplychain.com and can be reached in the US at email@example.com or (770) 503-6318.