FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 02/13/2019
DSCC Annual International SID Business Conference Features Influential Keynote Sessions by Intel, LG Display, Corning, Applied Materials and Universal Display
Campbell, CA and Austin, TX -
Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) is pleased to announce the keynote lineup for the annual Society for Information Display Week 2019 Business Conference. Organized by DSCC for the third consecutive year, the DSCC Society for Information Display Business Conference is the display industry’s single largest business conference that takes a supply chain approach to addressing the display market with executives from panel suppliers, brands, equipment suppliers, materials manufacturers, industry analysts and final analysts participating.
The Business Conference is part of the 56th International Symposium, Seminar and Exhibition, known as Display Week 2019, May 12-17 at the McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, CA. This year's event will bring together the brightest minds worldwide in the display industry, providing insight into new display technologies in development, as well as affording a sneak peek at new products that will be hitting the shelves both in the US and internationally within the next few years.
“The annual SID Business Conference will feature keynotes from Intel, LG Display, Corning, Applied Materials and UDC,” according to SID/DSCC Business Conference Chair and DSCC CEO Ross Young. “We had over 450 attendees at last years’ conference and are expecting an even greater turn out this year. These keynotes will shed light on important issues facing the display supply chain such as the future of the notebook PC, the outlook for OLEDs, glass substrate and OLED materials opportunities and how display equipment and materials suppliers are responding to the different technology options for next generation TVs and smartphones.”
Keynoting the 2019 SID Business Conference are:
- Joshua Newman VP, Client Computing Group, General Manager, Mobile Innovation, Intel Corporation. Newman will provide a visionary talk on the future of the notebook PC. Newman has a long and impressive history at Intel. He currently leads the mobile PC organization within the Client Computing Group focused on innovating new experiences that will grow key mobile PC categories including 2in1, Thin & Light, Chromebooks, Always Connected PCs and Converged Mobility platforms.
- Stephen Ko, VP, Global Promotion, LG Display. Ko will give a keynote speech on how to create value in the display market. Stephen has over 24 years of experience within LG in the display industry covering CRTs, LCDs and OLEDs. Over the past three years, he was in charge of TV panel marketing including OLED TV market development and is now Head of the Global Promotion Division.
- Chris Hudson, International VP and Commercial Director, Corning Display Technologies. Hudson will weigh in on growth opportunities in the glass substrate market. Hudson has served as the commercial lead for Corning Display Technologies since October 2014 and became international division vice president in September 2017. He has global responsibility for display pricing, forecasting, market and competitive intelligence, product line management and communications.
- Max McDaniel, VP and Chief Marketing Officer, Display and Flexible Technology Group, Applied Materials. McDaniel will present views on the different technology alternatives for smartphones and TVs and how the industry can best address these opportunities. McDaniel has held engineering, marketing and financial management roles in high-tech equipment companies for over 25 years and has been at Applied Materials since 2003.
- Dr. Mike Hack, VP, Business Development, UDC. Dr. Hack will review the tremendous progress made by phosphorescent OLED display technology and preview exciting new developments that will further expand market opportunities. Dr. Hack is responsible for developing and commercializing advanced high efficiency next generation OLED products, with a special focus on flexible display applications and solid-state lighting.
“The annual SID Business Conference has consistently drawn large international crowds and influential speakers who have provided valuable insights on the display market outlook.,” said Sri Peruvemba, Marketing Chair, SID. “Leading industry executives use this event to create a high-profile statement about the future of the industry, and so for 2019, we will bring back the supply chain keynote session. The Business Conference will also include presentations from leading industry analysts from a variety of firms and sessions devoted to TVs, smartphones, and emerging technologies.”
The Business Conference agenda can be found here: https://www.displaysupplychain.com/siddscc-business-conference-2019.html. In addition to the keynote sessions, there will also a display analyst session, a TV market session, a smartphone market session and a session on emerging display technologies and materials. Sponsors include Applied Materials, Corning, Cynora, GE Licensing, Kateeva, Kyulux, Nanosys and Universal Display.
About Display Week 2019
The 56th Display Week, presented by the Society for Information Display (SID), will take place May 12-17 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, Calif. Display Week is the world's leading event focused on emerging electronic display and visual information technologies from concept to market. Display Week attracts attendees from the entire ecosystem of R&D, engineering, design, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, sales and financial, as well as commercial and consumer end-user markets. It delivers unparalleled learning opportunities, market-moving trends, sourcing, roadmaps-to-market, and connections for career and business growth. For more information on Display Week 2019, visit www.displayweek.org or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter @DisplayWeek (hashtag #DisplayWeek19), Instagram @siddisplayweek or the Display Week YouTube Channel.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is the only professional organization focused on the electronic display and visual information technology industries. In fact, by exclusively focusing on the advancement of electronic display and visual information technologies, SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry's best new products. The organization's members are professionals in the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing and sales. To promote industry and academic technology development, while also educating consumers on the importance of displays, SID hosts more than 10 conferences a year, including Display Week, which brings industry and academia all under one roof to showcase technology that will shape the future. SID's global headquarters are located at 1475 S. Bascom Ave., Ste. 114, Campbell, CA 95008. For more information, visit www.sid.org.
Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) was formed by experienced display market analysts from throughout the display supply chain and delivers valuable insights through consulting, syndicated reports and events. The company has offices in the US, Europe, Japan, Korea and China.
DSCC is on the web at www.displaysupplychain.com and can be reached in the US at firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 503-6318.